Hello and thank you for joining me for my Stampin’ Up! Whimsical Trees Tutorial. This is the third tutorial that I promised to share with you to coincide with what would have been the third day of the Sandown Picture to Page Show.
The Whimsical Trees Bundle is a cute set of stamps and dies that really do have that touch of whimsy about them. When used with non traditional Christmas colours the whimsy is certainly present! I’ve used Pool Party card and Polished Pink card and ink for this creation.
Use this card layout to create lots of other occasions cards. The idea behind the layout is that it can be translated in so many different ways. So experiment and have fun!
For this card you will require :-
Card base – Half an A4 card sheet cut in portrait – 10.5 x 29.7 cm, folded in half, Thick Basic White used here
Card mat – 9.5x 13.85 cm Thick Whisper White was used for my card
Embossing Folder – Wintry 3D or similar
Ink – Polished Pink
Embellishments – Sequins for Everything
To create the card :-
- Emboss the card mat using the Wintry embossing folder. Add Dimensionals to the back of the card piece and adhere centrally to the card front.
- Die cut the largest die shape as pictured here from the Hippo & Friends die set using Basic White card. Die cut 3 trees from Pool Party and 2 trees from Polished Pink card using tree die from Christmas Tree dies.
- Adhere trees to large white die cut card. Add Dimensionals to the back and adhere centrally to card mat.
- Stamp greeting from Whimsical Trees in Polished Pink and die cut using appropriate size die from Hippo & Friends. Add Dimensionals to the back and place onto card front.
- Select 3 sequins from Sequins for Everything and glue as desired around Christmas Trees.
Enjoy making this fun and whimsical card!
Thank you for joining me over the weekend of show posts. Please sign up for my newsletter and receive a free tutorial from me. The sign up box is a the top of the page. Receive special offers from me and find out how to become a member of my Stamping Around Australia VIP group.