Here is a fun way to use that tub of Gilded Leafing sitting unloved on your shelf. My tub has been sitting forlornly on my shelves ever since the product was released by Stampin’ Up! in the 2021 January Mini Catalogue. I loved the ideas of how to use it however I was a bit intimidated by playing with the product. The risk of a mess was too much for me! OCD just a little bit??????
Any way I saw this idea on one of the cardmaking Facebook Groups I am a member of. Sincere apologies to that creator that I didn’t note your name and I can’t remember which group I saw it in! Seeing this was enough to make me get that tub of Gilded Leafing down and start playing.
So the idea is to create a vein of gold running through the marble appearance of the Simply Marbleous Sale-a-bration papers. This was my first time trying this out remember so some cards worked well some not so well. My thoughts anyway. You may disagree.
Before using the Gilded Leafing please make sure you have a large container or tin to permanently keep the opened tub of Gilded Leafing in. The product is compressed in the tub and once the lid is off it expands. It is light and feathery and if not in a large container it will go EVERYWHERE! I used a tin from one of the earlier Stampin’ Up! card kits. It is perfect!
How to create this look with the Gilded Leafing?
- Cut your Simply Marbleous paper to card front size that you desire.
- Apply thin lines of Tombow Multipurpose Adhesive along the “veins” of the marble design on the Simply Marbleous paper.
3. Once enough adhesive is in place, dip the paper piece into your storage container of Gilded Leafing.
4. Press gilded leafing onto the areas with leafing adhering to them. A stiff paintbrush is good for this. Using your fingers will result in gold gilded fingers! Believe me on that one! Allow the adhesive to dry. Trying to brush off the leafing too soon results in a stick brush and a bit of a mess.
5. When dried, using a stiff brush start rubbing off the excess gilded leafing. Do this with your paper piece still in the container. That way it is saved for reuse and it doesn’t go everywhere.
6. Once you have removed all the excess leafing and are left with fine “veins” of leafing on your paper you can remove the paper from the tin. Create your card.
The Simply Marbleous papers are a Sale-a-bration item. They are not for sale and can only be obtained by making a $90 Stampin’ Up! order between now and March 16. If you would like to know more please get in touch with me or visit my Stampin’ Up! Online Store.
So if that tub of Gilded Leafing has been unloved in your craft stash, give this fun technique a try. If you haven’t got any than maybe add it to your next order so you can try out a new technique!
Reminder again, that Sale-a-bration in Australia runs until March 16.