Here is how to create the effect on your cards that I showed you in my last post. Trying out this technique will have you looking at your stamps in a whole new way when it comes to using them with your Big Shot and Framelits/Edgelits.
1. Stamp up your chosen image. Here I have used the baubles from Merry & Type.
2. Place Framelit over image deciding which section of image you would like to be outside the frame. Temporarily fix in place with post-it notes.
3. Using a sharp pencil trace inside the Framelit for approx a centimetre in either direction from where image joins Framelit. Remove Framelit.
4. With scissors cut up from base of image, cut around image to pencil marks and cut along your pencil lines.
See image below.
5. Now with your Framelit/Edgelit slide it under your cut out section and position in place so as it sits snugly under the image and around your stamped image. Keep in place with post-it notes.
6. Run through your Big Shot machine and cut out your image. Rub out any pencil marks and with a bone folder run over any crease in the overhang piece.You are now ready to create your finished card.