My father-in-law is celebrating his 80th birthday this week and this is the card I made to give him.
It is a centrefold card. The instructions to create one are below. these are the instructions used in one of my technique classes.
Card – 5 1/2 x 11 inches
Colour matts – 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches
3/4 x 5 1/4 inches
4 1/4 x 3/4 2 pieces
Neutral card – 3 x 4 inches
1. With large card piece in portrait position, place in paper cutter with left card edge at one inch mark. Slide cutting blade to one inch mark and cut from 1 inch to 6 1/2 inches.
2. Slide card across to 4 1/2 inch mark and repeat cutting as above.
3. Replace cutter with scorer blade. Turn card 90 degrees so as solid section of card is on the right. Score at 1, 2 and 6 1/2 inches going from the top edge of card to cut line and again from second cut line to bottom edge of card.
4. Score between cut lines at 5 1/2 inches
5. Fold and crisp score lines. 1, 5 1/2 and 6.5 inch scores are mountain folds. 2 inch score is valley fold.
6. Decorate card as desired.
Cardstock – Midnight Muse, Cherry Cobbler, Pool Party, Whisper White
Ink – Cherry Cobbler, Midnight Muse
Stamps – Memorable Moments, Background Builders
Extras – Subtles Designer Paper Stack, Subtles buttons, Subtles candy dots, Pool Party Bakers twine, Labels Collection framelits, Big Shot, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Thanks for looking!